This recipe is yummy and easy: The oven does most of the work for you.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Cutting Board
- Sharp knife (adult needed) or kitchen scissors
- Large ovenproof skillet or baking pan
- Grater or zester
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Tongs or spatula
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 6), trimmed of fat and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, thyme, or basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice and grated zest of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Turn the oven on and set it to 425 degrees.
- Put the chicken in a single layer in the skillet or baking pan.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. (Stop for a second to smell this mixture—isn’t it fragrant?) Pour the garlic mixture over the chicken, making sure the chicken is covered. Now turn the chicken pieces so that the skin (and most of the garlic) is on the bottom.
- Put the chicken in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Take the skillet or baking pan out of the oven and use the tongs or spatula to turn the chicken over very carefully, so the skin is on top.
- Put the skillet or baking pan back in the oven and bake until the chicken is well browned and crispy, about another 30 minutes. Serve right away.
When handling raw chicken, it is very important that you wash your hands well after you touch it, before you touch anything else.
For more great recipes, click here.